bittersweet


Did you ever have a horrible tragedy that cause you reexamine your life? After my Father died, I realized that one thing I wanted to do in my life was to figure out how to write about teaching and get that writing out into the world. Yesterday when I got home from work there was a package waiting on my porch. It was my copy of Nature Education with Young Children, a book which grew out of a discussion with Daniel Meier. We were in Dallas, talking about how so many stories about children and teachers and nature still needed to be told. Thanks to Daniel and his co-editor Stephanie Sisk-Hilton, that book is now real. There are two chapters in it which represent the children at Sabot, one about children's point of view as seen through their maps, written by Marty Gravett, and one about representing play in nature written by me. I think it would make my Dad smile.

www.routledge.com/books


and don't forget you can visit us here at Sabot this April!


Comments

  1. So incredibly moving. Congratulations. I can't wait to read this book, especially knowing now where it grew from. Yes, your dad is proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered this book. I'm looking forward to reading about other co-researchers in our field. Also, looking forward to visiting Sabot in April. Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please do comment!