Turning Potty Talk into a project in the Kindergarten


I don't often do "art projects" at Sabot, though I have worked that way at summer camps, after school classes and the like. That means that sometimes I may have an idea that I have to save until an authentic opportunity to use it comes up. 
Do you remember that the Kindergarten children have split into three groups after the initial provocation? (how can we make collecting weather data more interesting?) I have been working with a group thinking about light and space, an inquiry so big I can't even seem to write about it. Mauren's group, the Animal Bathroom group, started with a question about how animals survive in the winter but quickly moved into digestive systems and that most fascinating five year old's idea *poop!*. They have decided to make a Sabot version of the book 'Everyone Poops', and I helped them to make illustrations like Eric Carle does. 

 first they painted colors
then drew outlines

 cut shapes











and glued them down






Comments