Studio set-up

The studio is almost ready for the children. I kept the shelves relatively monochromatic and left lots of empty space to display children's art and work in progress.
Next, I'll see how it works. Will the children be more engaged with their own ideas when there is less in the environment? I wonder about the children who seek out the studio right from the begining of the school year. I imagine that they are like me, and take inspiration from color and sparkle, and comfort in the crowd of stuff. It will be interesting to see how they react (or if they notice anything different). On the other hand, those who feel uncomfortable with too much visual stimulation may find the studio a much kinder place this year. I know some of the teachers have already told me they like the new look!

Comments