sights from the exhibit

 The 'Sound is Moving Through the Air or Flying with a Cape' exhibit
has it's official reception on July 16th, but last night at Richmond's first Friday, bunches of people came through Gallery 5 for a different event that was happening, and I snapped a few pictures. It was great to see people who have nothing to do with the school stopping and taking time to really look. I wish I could have heard more of what they were talking about...

 
I loved these guys. They looked closely at the documentation of the 3 year old's theories on how sound
works for a long time, talking about the drawings and pointing out things they noticed.
My friend Black Liquid, who taught hip-hop writing
in the middle school last semester, came by to check it out.



...and then some great bands (including one of my Husband's) played in a benefit for WRIRlp, the independent community radio station where I volunteer. FUN!

Comments

  1. We're planning to come to the reception, glad to have this appetizer. I'm excited to see the giant "BAH JAH" mask that the Forest Room parents made, I hadn't expected any parent work to be shown!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please do comment!