Practice.ie is the website of the first professional network in Ireland for artists working with children and young people and was developed by Kids’ Own Publishing Partnership in 2008.
Since then, Practice.ie has grown as a national resource and support structure for artists working with children and young people, and has over 400 members nationwide.
Practice.ie is an online collaborative space that provides an interactive platform for artists to connect, share and make visible their work with children and young people. As a user-driven resource it allows artists to create their own content and share the learning that they feel is most relevant to the wider community.
Practice.ie also aims to validate and raise the profile of arts practice with children and young people by showcasing projects that represent best practice within the sector; featuring interviews with key pracitioners; and containing essays and articles of note that bear relevance to current contemporary practice.
Practice.ie is guided by the following principles:
• Belief in the inherent importance and value of arts practice in the lives of children and young people;
• Belief in the value of reflective approaches to inform ongoing professional learning;
• Belief in the value of peer support as a means of reducing isolation and sharing approaches and practices;
• Belief in the importance of the artistic process within artists’ engagement with children and young people;
• Belief in the value of equal relationships within participatory projects;