Peace as a Core Value in Schools

"The culture we need is no longer the culture of disconnect, but a culture of the complimentary." -Edgar Morin

I got to see this video at the end of a Winter institute at the Loris Malaguzzi Center a while ago. It was meant as a holiday gift to the families from the schools. It was very touching, and I thought you might enjoy seeing it, especially now that peace within our privileged American schools is something we are thinking about in a new way.
It is astounding to me when I think about how well the people that surround the infant toddler centers and preschools in Reggio Emilia live their values and attend to the integrity of all of the materials and publications put out by Reggio Children. I hope this will inspire you to go out and march tomorrow, and to pay attention to the way the schools you associate with pay attention to their values every day.



marchforourlives.com

Comments